Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why is it that food tastes better?

Mac & Cheese, Top Ramen, PB&J. 

Things that were once essential for bachelor life survival, especially on a tight budget. So now that my budget has grown, my bachelor life is over, and my taste buds have become accustomed to home cookin' again...Why do I revisit these culinary horrors from my past? It's because they taste MUCH better than they did years ago. In fact, I just had a PB&J (on whole grain wheat with reduced sugar jam), and it's pure yumminess inspired this post. Having the choice to eat these things out of boredom, rather than necessity, must be a big factor. For years they were just rotating slop of survival, but now I actually crave them. Speaking of cravings.....I wish I had some Zebra cakes :( 

1 comment:

monkey's mama said...

i do love me some zebra cakes! mmmhmm!!!