Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Its hot, and things are sharp






Finally got a chance to trail baptize the new bike. My first time offroad in nearly 2 months, at a new trail, on a bike I've never ridden on a trail....and first time with clipless pedals in the dirt. Exciting! 

Got to the trailhead about 7:45am, and it was already pushing 95 degrees. Rode for about 2 hours, taking a couple breaks, as the heat was just brutal! Was 100 degrees by the time we got back to the car.  I went through all 100oz of water that my Camelbak could hold. I can't wait for the winter time!

The bike did pretty well, didn't fall like I thought I would, but came into a corner a little too fast and the rear tire washed out on me, forcing me off my line and into a little tree. I didn't need to come to a stop though, just kept riding while pulling branches from the bike frame haha. 


2 comments:

david santos said...

Great!!!
Have a nice weekend.

monkey's mama said...

you go booooooooy!