Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Gas is $1.95!

The election is over, gas was supposed to go right back up, as it always does...oh well, I certainly won't complain! I still rode today. My new $15 windbreaker kept me warm this morning, and the ride in to work was pretty nice. Even stopped and watched the rabbits on the side of the trail, since there seems to be some new baby ones that were hopping around. 

 The day itself though, sucked. I busted my butt at work trying to get things done (finally having steady billable work is exciting!), that I worked through lunch so I could leave at 3pm. At 2:30 I had my 40 hours for the week, and since OT is currently not allowed, anything over would be free. Working for free sucks. Since we had a doubles ping pong tournament to finish up (My team was knocked out first round, my year of reign as champion is over!), I figured I'd watch the finale and burn up some "free" time. So I watch the game and go back to finish my work. Then low and behold I get "office spaced" at 3pm, after I've filled my Camelbak for the ride home. 4:15 rolls around and I'm still at work. At this point I do not feel like riding home. I'm pissed. My plans for a new slow ride home on a beautiful Friday afternoon were destroyed and I was in a shitty mood. Probably wouldn't be so bad normally, but since the SAME thing happened last Friday (my bday) on the SAME project. So my anger was compounded. 

I text messaged my Wife, seeing if she'd pick me up, but I didn't get a response in time so I just left (note to self, calling instead of texting would have had better results). I had my first angry ride. Usually any annoyance goes away quickly on a ride. Not today. I was pissed off and even though it was a beautiful day, the frustration would not subside. Horrible feeling, and I hope to not experience it again. 

Looks like I'm on track for 3 bike commutes for the month of November. Pathetic! 3 commutes a WEEK is the plan. I'll get back to it in December perhaps :)

1 comment:

Punky said...

Awww.. Texting usually works honey, but when I'm crazy busy and two hours behind schedule getting people paid I kinda miss the phone. So if I don't respond you have multiple phone numbers to try me at. =)

And I don't mind you holding off on the commuting till I pass that test. Then I'm all over you getting back to 3 days/week!