Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's on like donkey kong

Finally! After a couple months of being without a bike, as my trusty red Soma went to SF via ebay, here's what many beers, err hours in the garage have done.

Start: 84 Nishiki Prestige frame and a pile of misc parts.


Finish: Complete and road tested!



This ended up being a mix of 3 different bikes I bought off of craigslist/ebay, which were parted out for profit :) Some of the parts were purchased new, and the saddle is leftover from the Soma bike. Hopefully this hot weather and increase in light rail fees won't discourage me from commuting again, but either way, it's time to get back on the road and lose my "sympathy pregnancy" weight :)

2 comments:

Punky said...

Sympathy weight my butt. You keep losing weight!

monkey's mama said...

phil not only gained 20 lbs of sympathy weight, but another 20 lbs afterwards!