Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Car Surgery

I love my car but damn this is ridiculous. I'm so used to simple 4 cylinder cars, ones that I've worked on so many times that I know them like the back of my hand. Simple tasks like changing spark plugs took 5 minutes! Not on this car.



5 hours. Remove intake manifold to replace spark plugs, remove rear valve cover to replace with newer version that doesn't leak oil. Replace power steering hose with one that doesn't leak fluid. Spent $300 in parts, and saved about $600 by doing it myself. Pretty big job but I'm glad it's done, even though I am completely sore today! The human body isn't meant to stretch like that for extended periods of time. I'm just thankful that the car started right up when it was all put back together. Runs like a champ again!

1 comment:

Punky said...

That's my man! Glad you're liking your car again for now... =)