Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cupcake 150

Yesterday afternoon I received an email from TBAG. Tempe Bicycle Action Group. They organize all sorts of activities centered around biking. This morning they had a Cupcake ride, from Tempe Beach Park to Sprinkles Cupcakes in Scottsdale. 17 mile round trip. I woke up early enough and got ready. Left my house at 9am and arrived in Tempe at 9:55. Met new people and joined 16 other riders who were craving cupcakes :) Took a route that was completely new to me and was very scenic. 

We arrived at Sprinkles about 11am, had a $3.50 cupcake (Peanut Butter Chocolate) and a $2 coffee. Everyone sat around telling jokes and enjoying their carb and sugar laden treats, then we turned around and headed back to Tempe. Seems like a pointless journey but it was really fun and the weather was pretty nice. Meeting new people with like-minded interests is always a plus. Total mileage for me today was 41.2miles. My longest non-commuting ride, and certainly my longest without a 8hr break in the middle. 

Monday: 34 mile commute (road bike)
Wednesday: 34 mile commute (road bike)
Friday: 41 mile commute (mountain bike)
Saturday: 41 mile cupcake ride (road bike)

My first 150 mile week! 

1 comment:

monkey's mama said...

THAT IS F'ING AMAZING! YOU GO BOY!!!