Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I is genius

No shower at work anymore meant no more bike commuting....unless I figured out how to get by without it. 

Today I rode 7 miles to the light rail station, paid my $1.25 one-way fare and rode to the station closest to my work. From there, a quick 1.5 mile trip to work was a breeze, and with a fresh change of clothes and some gel to manage the helmet hair, its as if I had driven. Without the traffic stress to start my day :)

Since my activity level has been nearly zero with all the holiday and studying madness, I cheated and used the light rail on the way home too, but it's still cheaper than driving, and 17 miles of riding (~550 calories burned!) isn't too shabby for someone who's been "out of it" for a couple months. 

Further encouraged by my new LEED AP status, I figure I need to practice what I preach and get back into doing more "green" things with my life. 

And speaking of green....there's a Filiberto's right by the Light Rail station, I'm totally gonna stop one of these mornings and get a breakfast burrito, and I'll drown it with green sauce. Mmmmm yummy. 

No comments: